The automatic printing of QuickBooks reconciliation reports is caused by a corrupted QBPRINT.qbp file. You will need to have Quickbooks recreate a file named QBPRINT.QBP.
Older Windows Versions:
1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\<Quickbooks Version> (or go to the folder that you installed QuickBooks in)
2. Right click on the QBPRINT.QBP file and rename it to QBPRINT.OLD.
3. The next time you reconcile, Quickbooks will automatically recreate this file and will give you the option to Print, Display or Close.
*Please note: Application Data is a hidden folder. To show this folder go to Tools/ Folder Options and select show hidden files and folders. Click apply and then ok.
1. Open windows/folder explorer (right click on start button)
2. Navigate to C drive
3. Click the Organize button in toolbar
4. Select Folder and Search Options
5. Select the View tab
6. Make sure “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” is selected and click okay
7. Select the Program Data file in the C drive
8. Select the Intuit folder and then the QuickBooks version that is having the problem
9. Locate the QBPRINT.qbp file and rename it to QBPRINT.old
QuickBooks will automatically recreate this file the next time you print from that QuickBooks version and you should be all set.
- Aging reports will not sort in alpha order. Learn how to fix this.
- Where to Save Templates in Microsoft Office 2010
- What to do with uncleared items on my bank reconciliation?
- How can I change the account number for bank or credit card accounts with downloaded transactions?
- Print a Payment Receipt in QuickBooks